Maximize Conversions like never before!
Digital marketing is rapidly growing as technology is growing. Hence, automation has become an essential tool for digital marketers as it helps to streamline the processes, find new target audiences and even make more conversions.
To help you make the most of the automation, from 24th April, manual bidding will no longer be available for new campaigns on the Microsoft Audience Network, all existing image and feed campaigns on manual CPC will upgrade to Enhanced CPC. This upgrade will be completed by 28th April.
Did you know Advertisers using Enhanced CPC on the Microsoft Audience Network achieved an 18% reduction in cost per acquisition and a 7.5% reduction in CPC?
Source: Microsoft Advertising
Benefits of Enhanced CPC
- Enhanced CPC can help you to adjust your bids in real-time to increase your chances of getting conversions.
Your bid will go higher on auctions so it gets converted.
- The base bids you continue to set will always be honoured as the primary level by the bidding strategy.
Those bids will be optimized at the time of auction to maximize performance and drive more conversions, allowing you to stay on top in the marketplace.
- If you're using eCPC, then your average CPC won't exceed the base bid that you set.
- eCPC uses different auction signals to help drive the best results, including search queries, bid modifiers, location, device, ad copy and more.
All these combined signals will help you to drive informed decisions for better advertising performance.
- eCPC will work in combination with any technology providers that you use to manage campaigns.
eCPC will always use the bids set by your bid management tool as a starting point before applying any adjustments.
When to upgrade to eCPC?
- The transition from manual to eCPC will start on 24th April. Any new campaigns created on the Microsoft Audience Network will no longer see the option for manual bidding.
- From 24th April, all existing campaigns on the Microsoft Audience Network will upgrade to eCPC.
- The transition will take time till 28th April and the process will take around a week, hence any campaigns using manual CPC will move to eCPC.
- Please know that this change will only affect image and feed campaigns on manual CPC, it will not impact video campaigns in case you're bidding to manual CPC or campaigns using manual cost per view (CPV).
- The migration is happening only for standalone audience campaigns that have only image and feed ads.
- This doesn't impact search campaigns extended to the Microsoft Audience Network that already has leveraged eCPC.
There's nothing special required for you to prepare for this change. However, there are certain areas you can optimize to ensure you're in the right direction.
- Conversion tracking: You can level up using eCPC with conversion tracking. Why is it strongly recommended? it can help improve performance by providing more signals.
- Offline conversions: If you rely on offline conversions, then it can be done using scheduled recurring import.
- Attribution model: If you change your conversion goal attribution to last touch this will allow you to optimize automated bidding based on both click and view-based conversions as a result of ad impressions.
What will this mean to you?
It’s found mostly that when users see any native ads they don't just click right away but viewing this ad will play an important role in influencing their behavior and their path to conversion.
As Microsoft Advertising is bringing more automation into their use, automated bidding solutions on Microsoft Audience Network will help to get maximized results within a span you never even wondered about. Start testing a.k.a Start adapting.