Ecommerce PPC : 4 Proven Practices to Boost Your Advertising Results
The e-commerce industry has grown in recent years, this trend ramped up during the time of the recent pandemic we saw, which forced people to shop online out of necessity.
The ease of shopping became the new normal and will boom throughout in the coming times as well.
At present, there are over 2 billion digital shoppers throughout the globe (Source: Statista). That’s not a small figure, and the kind of competition emerging, the sooner you as an online seller understand its (e-commerce) algorithms and infuse your marketing strategy with the right fit that drives an impressive ROI for your business.
Why is PPC important for your E-commerce marketing efforts?
PPC advertising has become an important tool for e-commerce marketing for a lot of reasons but here are a few major ones.
- Target reach: With the advantage of PPC advertising, you can target specific audiences based on factors such as demographics, interests, and search intent. This will help you to reach potential customers who are actively searching for the products and services that match your target settings, increasing the chances of generating clicks and conversions.
2. Cost-effective: PPC advertising is a cost-effective form of advertising because businesses You get to pay when someone clicks on their ad.
This means that you get complete control of your advertising costs, and it ensures you only spend money on ads that are generating clicks and conversions. Hence, you put money where it’s required.
3. Measurable results: PPC advertising will provide your businesses with detailed analytics and reporting, allowing you to track the performance of your ads, allowing you to make data-driven decisions.
This means that you get to constantly optimize your PPC campaigns for maximum return on investment (ROI) and ensures that you are generating a positive ROI from your advertising spending.
4. Brand visibility: PPC advertising can also help you to improve your brand visibility and awareness, while the ads appear at the top of search engine results pages (SERPs) and on other high-traffic websites. This can help you reach new audiences and build brand recognition over time.
5. Immediate results: Unlike other forms of marketing, such as search engine optimization (SEO), which can take time to produce results, PPC ads are a good option to produce immediate results. This means that your e-commerce businesses can quickly generate traffic and sales through PPC efforts, making it an effective tool for driving revenue.
Since, now you know what wonders PPC can do for your e-commerce business. Let’s talk more about PPC’s best practices that can help you to improve ROI.
- Tracking for your e-commerce store
Your marketing and advertising efforts are incomplete without analytics. Analytics helps you to see and most importantly keep track of what you’re doing in your campaigns, what is your performance and how can you optimize to perform better. And, also to know what’s not working well.
But analyzing the results of multiple campaigns is overwhelming and might be confusing at times. Therefore, setting an e-commerce tracking will help you keep a tap on every analytical data of campaigns.
Here’s how you can set up an e-commerce tracking, you’ll first have to enable e-commerce for a view.
And you will need to do so for each of the views in which you want to see the respective data.
Then, set your tracking code with Google Tag Manager. You can find all the in-depth details in the links above.
*Google Tag Manager (GTM) is a powerful tool that can be used to improve e-commerce performance by allowing you to manage and deploy various tracking codes and marketing tags from a single interface.
Setting up your e-commerce analytics will help you to find what is getting the most sales, where the sales are coming from, and so much more. With this information, you’ll be able to fine-tune your PPC ads so that they produce the most positive ROI.
- Optimize your Ads!
When it comes to marketing, the best way to get results is to make sure that your campaigns are optimized. For PPC, the intent of your ad should be to get more clicks and drive the highest ROI.
- Don’t forget your competitors.
The PPC landscape changes fast, and that means you will have to keep a consistent eye on the constant updates and changes in what your competition is doing, how they’re structuring their ads, keywords they’re targeting and most importantly what pricing strategy they’re using especially if they’re making any drastic change to the pricing of products.
- A/B testing.
If you’re curious about what ads perform best, the A/B test is the best way you can find so. It allows you to have the highest ROI possible. When you A/B test different ad and campaign structures, you change one variable at a time and then allow each ad time to earn clicks. From there, you’ll be able to see which version of the ad performed the best and use that version moving forward.
Want to get a positive return on investment from e-commerce PPC efforts?
We specialize in providing custom PPC campaigns to different industries including e-commerce. We can help you prepare a comprehensive PPC strategy that is tailored to your marketing demands, goals, budget, and audience. This will include identifying the most effective keywords, ad types, and bidding strategies.
Once we develop a strategy, the next step will be to create and launch a campaign on behalf of your business. This will involve setting up campaigns across multiple platforms (such as Google Ads, Bing Ads, Facebook Ads)
Our expertise will be to help you optimize to ensure that your PPC campaigns are performing at their best, regularly monitor and adjust campaigns to improve their click-through rates (CTR), conversion rates, and return on ad spend (ROAS), along with A/B testing different ad copy and landing pages, adjusting bids and budgets, and refining targeting settings.
Moreover, provide regular reporting and analysis on the performance of your PPC campaigns, including metrics such as impressions, clicks, conversions, and ROI. This can help you to understand the impact of their advertising efforts and make data-driven decisions about future PPC investments.
If you look forward to levelling up your business online and aim to maximize over e-commerce business, then contact us today. We can help you to save a lot of time and help you with good expertise in the e-commerce business.